Paros Reserve Moraitis 2015, Greek red wineRegular price £21.00 Save £-21.00
- Dry Red Wine from Paros, (PDO Paros) Greece made by the famous Moraitis winery
- Made from indigenous Mandilaria and Monevasia grape varieties
- Ruby in colour with aromas of cherries, kirsch, prunes and vanilla.
- Full, well balanced tannins on the palate, robust
- perfect with grilled meats, game and strong cheese.
- Bronze in the Decanter world wine awards
The Moraitis winery was founded in 1910 by the Great-Grandfather of the present winemaker. This wine is made on the Island of Paros (one of the Cycladic islands in the Aegean) by the talented young 4th generation winemaker Theodore Moraitis. Mandilaria is a variety that makes extremely dark red wine, here is a wine that has been blended with a small amount of Monemvasia; a white grape variety, to add extra fruit and aromas. The wine is ruby in colour with aromas of cherries, kirsch, prunes and vanilla. Full and with well balanced tannins on the palate, this robust red is perfect with grilled meats, game and strong cheese. The vines never suffered from Philoxera, so as on Santorini they are not grafted. The vines are allowed to ramble across the ground, traditional style. Dry red wine Variety: Mandilaria, Monemvasia Origin: Paros, Cyclades Alcohol content: 13%vol Net content 750ml